Belia Grace Designs
$12.00 ADD TO CART
Note: A separate cart is used for the purchase of this product and you do not need a PayPal account to purchase.
NOTE: This is a digital download not a physical product, and once an order has been placed, it cannot be refunded.
This pdf pattern includes full instructions and full pattern pieces. The pattern is designed as an intermediate to advanced sewing level.
Finished handbag measurements: Small: 9″ Wide x 8″ High x 5″ Deep with 6″ Handle Drop ♦ Hidden CC Pocket: : 6- 5/8” W x 5” H
The Harlow small conceal carry bag with its simple and classic lines, is functional, and perfectly sized. Don’t, however, let her small measurements fool you. She may be small, but spacious enough to fit all of your favorite essentials. With its versatile design, Harlow can be dressed up or down, and best of all, we leave that up to your creative imagination. You can choose to eliminate or convert the hidden CC Velcro pocket and place it in front or back. Convenient interior and exterior pockets keep everything organized. And, a top zipper closure keeps essentials secure. An adjustable and detachable crossbody strap can be added for hands-free ease.
The instructions in this pattern are written for Fabric, Vinyl, and Cork. Fabric can be used on the exterior body of the bag and the crossbody strap.
The rolled handles, strap connectors, zipper overlay, and trim require vinyl or cork, as raw edges are exposed and may require edge paint.
FABRIC INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PATTERN.
- Main Exterior Fabric: 24” H 36” W
- Contrast Fabric: 10” H x 18” W (Handles, Zipper Tab Ends, Zipper Facing. Pocket Trims)
- Contrast Fabric: 2” H x 54” Long Faux Leather for Crossbody Strap [Optional]
- Lining Fabric: 24” H x 36” W
- Heavy Canvas: 1/3 yard
- Foam: 20” H x 24” W Pellon Flex Foam (one-side fusible, non-fusible, or headliner)
- Decovil Heavy: 5” H x 10” W (Bottom Base)
- Peltex: 4” H x 9 1/4” W [Optional]
- Faux Leather Trim: 3/4” H x 9” Long strips [Cut 2]
- #5 Nylon/Metal Zipper: 1 @ 11 1/2″ long with matching zipper pull (Top Zipper Placket)
- #5 Nylon/Metal Zipper: 2 @ 7” long with matching zipper pull (Conceal Carry Pockets)
- # 3 Nylon/Metal: 1 @ 8 1/4” long with matching zipper pull (Lining Zipper Pocket)
- 3 — #5 Zipper Pulls
- 1 — #3 Zipper Pull
- 2 – 1/2” D-Rings for Crossbody Strap [Optional]
- 2 — 1” Swivel Snap Hooks for Crossbody Strap [Optional]
- 2 or 4 — 8/9 mm Double Capped Rivets for Crossbody Strap [Optional]
- 1 — 1” Center Bar Buckle for Crossbody Strap [Optional]
- 1 — Metal Zipper End [Optional —Fabric End Tab assembly included in instructions]
- 5 — Purse Feet [Optional]
Cording Or Plastic Tubing
- 2 – 3/8” O.D. Clear Vinyl Tubing @ 11” Long for Rolled Handles [Optional — available at hardware stores]
- 1 — Cording @ 11- 1/2” long (substitute for plastic tubing)
- Velcro Loop Only: (2) 4” x 4” pieces (Available on Amazon)
- Double Sided Tape: 1/8” and 1/4”
- Edge Coat Paint: Fiebing’s Edge Kote for faux leather (Available at Tandy Leather or Amazon)
- Fabric Glue: Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue (Available at Hobby Lobby or Amazon)
A special thank you to my wonderful pattern testers who helped make this pattern a reality. I appreciate their input and hard work! If you wish to see more of their handbags made from the Harlow pattern, click here.